Pages

Saturday 29 April 2017

Dreams do come true

Hi everyone, this is Mona with another fun journal page. Hope you enjoy this mini tutorial featuring this  Dream catcher stamp set by Mudra and most of my supplies from my favourite store Kat Scrappiness.
I first started by using my Dylusions art journal that can be purchased at Kat Scrappiness and adding gesso to both pages. After it was dry I used my brown Archival ink amd my wood plank background stamp and added it all over both pages carefully aligning it to keep the planks ligned up.
Once my brown was dry I used my blue lagoon distress  Blue lagoon distress ink along with my mini distress tool from Ranger to add a bit of colour to my background.
Now that my background is all done I used the middle part of my dream catcher and stamped it with Versa Mark, then added  Wow White embossing powder  and heat embossed it to make it really nice and bright. I embossed three of them to fill up my page.
I then took two circles from Gina Marie stitched circle dies and lined them up so I could make a ring. I die cut three of the rings and glued them around the embossed inner part of the dream catcher using Nuevo adhesive pen.
Now for the fun part I stamped a bunch of feathers from  Dream catcher stamp set by Mudra  using different ink colours to make them nice and bright each leaf are two step stamps so always using the lighter colour first and using green darkest on top. I also used my blending tool to add a bit of black soothe distress ink around the feathers.
For the finishing touches I adhered my feathers again using the Nuevo adhesive pen used a black marker to make the lines that hold the feathers and the pretend chain holding the dream catchers. I also traced the stitched lines with my maker and stamped the sentiment from same stamp set using Jet black Archival ink. Added a few dark blue enamel dots to  finish off my journal page. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment